This Autumn’s Ph.D. network kick-off was held at Scandic Hallandia on Friday the 3rd of October. Representatives from the University Library were invited to give a short presentation.
We talked about the library’s support and services for Ph.D students ”from day one to thesis nailing”. This covers, among other things, customized search support, reference management training, acquisition of literature including inter-library loans, publishing and research support, as well as all resources that can be found through channels as different as the discovery tool Summon and our research support shelf.
We also mentioned some upcoming events:
- Research ”fika” at the library on DiVA & Open Access 28 Oct. 2.30 PM
- Workshop on Research Professional 17 Nov.
- Library course for CVHI Ph.D. students 12 Dec.
During the talk and its aftermath we were able to answer questions regarding:
- Standards databases (for example e-nav)
- EndNote training (new dates coming up soon)
- The university’s service for English proof-reading
The library presentation were appreciated by both the organizers and the participants, and we’re already looking forward for the next kick-off in Spring!